North Carolina CCW Training Course
Participants cover North Carolina gun laws/gun safety to satisfy the training requirements for a North Carolina CCW Permit. During the class, participants learn safe gun handling, the different types of concealed firearms, proper care and storage of the firearm and ammunition, range safety and operations, and in depth review of North Carolina firearm laws. The training also includes range safety rules and live firing on the range. Participants are provided a booklet with all the training information and a written test on both the firearms and North Carolina laws. Those completing the eight-hour “firearms safety training course” will be receiving a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement from their county sheriff.
For questions, please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-554-9511
The cost of the class is $125/person and a down payment of $50.00 is due at the time you sign up and the balance the day of the class. The class will start at 9:00 am SHARP!
CSA will accept the following forms of payment Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover & AMX.
You will need to bring the following items with you on the day of class:
• Either a semi-automatic or a revolver firearm in good working order.
• 50 rounds of ammo
• Note taking materials (paper, pen, and/or pencil)
• Eye Protection
• Hearing Protection
**CSA reserves the right to refuse instruction to anyone whom we feel is not qualified to complete this course, anyone who falsifies their registration information and/or whom we feel may be taking this class for reasons other than personal protection**
|Next Course Dates: Sunday April 1st
||Sunday May 13th
Course instruction includes comprehensive lessons about the laws governing the use of deadly force, the state regulations incorporated into the ‘concealed carry’ statute and general firearm knowledge, safety and fundamentals. Course requires participant to exhibit basic shooting skills by shooting a target.
Some additional information about obtaining a concealed carry permit is listed below:
Out-of-State Permit Issue:
North Carolina does not issue permits to non-permanent residents. In order to obtain a permit you must establish permanent residency in North Carolina.
$80.00 non-refundable permit fee and an additional fee, not to exceed $10.00, to pay for the costs of processing the applicant’s fingerprints.
Five year renewal fee of $75
The sheriff shall issue a permit within 90 days after receipt of a complete application to an applicant who:
• is a citizen of the U.S. and has been a resident of the State for at least 30 days immediately prior to filing the application;
• is at least 21;
• does not suffer from a physical or mental infirmity that prevents the safe handling of a handgun;
• has successfully completed an approved firearms safety and training course which involves the actual firing of handguns and instruction in the law governing the carrying of a concealed handgun and the use
of deadly force;
• is not ineligible under federal or state law to possess, receive, or own a firearm;
• is not currently or has not been adjudicated or administratively determined to be lacking mental
capacity or mentally ill;
• has not been discharged from the armed forces under conditions other than honorable;
• is or has not been adjudicated guilty or judgment continued or suspended sentence for a violent
• has not had judgment continued for or free on bond or personal recognizance pending trial, appeal, or
sentencing for a disqualifying criminal offense;
• has not been convicted of an impaired driving offense within three years prior to the date on which
the application is submitted.
• Application completed under oath on a form provided by the sheriff
• Full set of fingerprints administered by the sheriff
• An original certificate of completion of an approved concealed carry course
• A release that authorized and requires disclosure to the sheriff of any records concerning
“Mark Knew his stuff and made the class as interesting as he could. I found it the class very informative and I’m glad I took it.” – Cam
“Very informative & enjoyed it very much. Mark is very enthusiastic (Gun Ho) in giving the class.” – Bill
“I found the class to be very informative and Mark is a very good instructor.” – Larry
“Mark is very knowledgeable & was able to answer every question thrown his way. Very beneficial.” – Sean
“There was a lot more to handgun laws than I expected, so taking this course really helped educate me not just on gun safety but when and where it is allowed to carry and fire a handgun.” – Jerry
“Class was very educational. I learned more than I expected. Mark is the perfect person teaching this class.” – Edward
“Really enjoyed the class. I learned a lot and I will suggest it to others.” – Richard
“Very much enjoyed & appreciated the education truly! It was clearly relayed & my instructor did a great job of “getting through” to all no matter the experience level.” – Britainy
“Enjoyed teacher’s candor and teaching style. Also found him very knowledgeable and well versed. Learned a lot. Great course.” – Vince
Mark Armentrout, Carolina Sporting Arms Concealed Carry Course instructor, has been awarded an A+ safety rating by Charlotte Rifle & Pistol’s Board of Directors. We are very proud of Mark for his tireless commitment to safety and congratulate him for this outstanding achievement.