Adjunct Instructor – Tom Iradi Sr.
Building upon is law enforcement training in Morris County, NJ Tom went on to put his training to use as the East Hanover, NJ Police Reserve Director and Office of Emergency Management. During this time he qualified as Distinguished Expert with a Pistol and served in many capacities with the Emergency Response Unit, Special/Reserve Police Officer, also as a Range Officer and Coach to other officers; all of which lead to being a ‘Chiefs Award’ recipient. Now retired from law enforcement at the rank of Major, Tom continues to seek out high level professional shooters to learn from and attend competitions worldwide to constantly challenge himself. Tom’s dynamic teaching and exuberance for “helping others to discover” makes for a valuable learning experience.
Highlights of Tom’s firearms training include:
- Gun Site Training Center: Tactical Pistol-Basic
- Jack Furr, Instructor: Tactical Pistol-Advanced
- Trident Concepts, Jeff Gonzales: Combative Pistol-Advanced (including Simulations scenarios)
- Gary Cuttitta, IDPA Champion and 5-Gun Master, Advanced IDPA Course
- Langdon Tactical, Ernest Langdon, Instructor: Advanced Tactical/Competition Training course (also served as RSO for LTT course)
- Several skill focus clinics with IDPA Champions Robert Vogel, Tom Yost, Mark Redl, “Super” Dave Harrington, Tom Carpenter and Doug Koenig
Tom’s certifications include:
- Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor – North Carolina Dept. of Justice
- Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
- Pistol Instructor – National Rifle Association
- Personal Protection Instructor – National Rifle Association
- Home Defense Instructor – National Rifle Association
- Director (Ret.) – East Hanover (NJ) Police Reserve and Office of Emergency Management
- Grand Master Rating at Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club’s Practical Pistol Combat competition, with over 75 match awards.
- Expert IDPA, Custom Defensive Pistol
- Expert IDPA , Stock Service Pistol
- Sharpshooter IDPA, Enhanced Service Pistol
- Red Belt – Te Kwon Do (Grand Master Kyu H. Cho, Morristown, NJ)
Tom competes in these sanctioned matches:
- IDPA World Championship
- IDPA National Championship, 10th place finish in the 2009
- S&W Indoor IDPA Championship (MA), 2nd place finish in the 2011S
- Carolina Cup (IDPA), 2nd place finish in the 2003
- Iron Man IDPA Regional Championship (Caswell, NC)
- Kentuckiana Kolonel IDPA Regional Championship (IN)
- North Carolina State Championship, 2nd place finish in the 2003
- South Carolina State Championship
- Georgia State Championship
- Spartanburg Showdown IDPA Championship (SC)
- Costa Rican National Championship
- Italian National IDPA Championship
- European Cup (IDPA, Brescia, Italy), 8th place finish in the 2012
- Several local and regional IDPA and USPSA club matches
Level II Principal Instructor – Scott Mauldin
Scott has 9 years of law enforcement experience, and over 10 years of instructional experience. His career began with the Concord, NC Police Department where he had assignments with the warrant unit, high drug/crime zones, DWI enforcement and traffic unit. He was a full time patrol officer for over two and a half years.
Scott served with the United States Secret Service as an instructor of firearms and control tactics. He introduced several training aid programs to include the use of lasers in training and various force on force exercises.
Throughout his career, he has been fortunate to attended 11 formal pistol/carbine schools taught by superior trainers such as Ernest Langdon, Jeff Gonzales, Jack Furr and Ron Avery.
He holds a rank of 2nd Degree Black Belt in American Karate, under Michael C. Allison, and is a certified instructor by the United States Karate Association. He has been teaching “stand up” martial arts for over 10 years. He has also trained for five years in Brazilian Jui-Jitsu and holds a rank of blue belt coach under Scott Devine of the Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy.
Scott was recently an instructor with the Physical Techniques Division at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA, and a private firearms instructor with Eagle Rock Training Systems in Charlotte, NC.
He now serves as a firearms and martial arts instructor for a Charlotte NC area based federal law enforcement service.
Licenses & Certificates
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Basic Evaluator Training Program, 2005
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Law Enforcement Instructor Training Program, 2005
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Physical Fitness Coordinator Training Program, 2004
- U.S. Secret Service Control Tactics Instructor Course, 2003
- U.S. Secret Service Essentials of Instruction Course, 2002
- Practical Shooting Academy, Instructor’s Course, 2002
- Multi-Jurisdictional Counter-drug Task Force Training, Tactical Drug Operations Course,2002
- Langdon Tactical Technology, Tactical Pistol, 2001/2002/2003/2004/2005
- Trident Concepts Research Group, Combative Pistol/Carbine, 2001/2002/2003
- US Firearms Instructor Certification, 2001
- US Protective Research Course, 2001
- US Advanced Techniques in Surveillance and Counter-surveillance, 2001
- US Special Agent Training Course, 1999
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Criminal Investigator Training Course, 1999
- S.W.A.T. Certified, 1998
- Basic Law Enforcement Training Certification, 1996
- NRA Firearms Instructor Certification, 1996
- Gunsite Training Center, 1996
- Certified Martial Arts Instructor, United States Karate Association, 1994