What knowledge, equipment, and skills do you need to acquire to keep your family and yourself safe?
At Carolina Sporting Arms, our guides know the biggest challenge for you is just getting started. The Carbine 101 Class makes getting started easy. We have helped hundreds of people progress from never shooting a gun before to becoming comfortable, skilled shooters.
Skill Level: Beginner | Instructor: Mike Simpson | Time: 3 hrs. | Location: Charlotte, NC | Cost: $110.00/person
“The aspect I liked about the class was how to hold the rifle and body position. Great class! “
– Tom E.
Carolina Sporting Arms wants you to be prepared, feel safe, and be able to enjoy a new sport. We’re confident you will thrive from our guided educational opportunities and feel empowered from the experiences provided.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Carbine 101 is a classroom and range-based orientation to build your training foundation. It is approximately 3 hours in length.
*No live ammo allowed in the classroom
During a Carbine 101 Class, you will receive formal exposure to:
- – Safe gun handling, safety rules and guidelines
- – The different carbine types and why you would prefer one over the other
- – Parts nomenclature
- – Proper carbine grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, and other fundamentals
- – Popular terms used in the shooting sports and basic functions of a carbine
- – How to safely load and unload a carbine
- – Field disassembly of the rifle
- – Live-fire shooting fundamentals
Classroom discussion provides you with a comprehensive introduction to shooting a carbine by certified instructors that include:
- – Firearm safety
- – Local ownership requirements
- – Shooting fundamentals
- – Hands-on instruction
- – How and where to continue training with your next class
This 3-hour course is the foundation of your AR-15 Carbine knowledge, and in this course, we will be going over the following points:
- – Safety, proper grip, stance
- – Sight alignment, sight picture, breath control, trigger control
- – Carbine-specific nomenclature, basic field disassembly of rifle
- – History, proper loading, and unloading, ammunition
- – Proper adjustment and explanation of iron and red dot sights
Cleaning techniques and products, and upgrades
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED?
Items to bring with you to class:
- – Pen and paper
- – Eye protection and hard shell or custom molded ear protection
- – Your rifle
- – Aluminum snap caps (no live ammo allowed in classroom)
- – 2 magazines with 40 rounds total
*Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the class in order to be prepared at the posted start time.
“I liked learning the cleaning process, proper shooting methods, and addressing my disability. Learned several more important points, always do each time I shoot.”
– Phil C.
CAROLINA SPORTING ARMS (CSA Guns) EVENT
AND TRAINING CLASS CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
In the rare instance we do not have a minimum of 3 participants; we may reschedule students to the next class that complies with the student’s schedule. Rescheduled students will have priority for the next scheduled class.
You deserve access to your instructor, which is why a low student to instructor ratio is capped. Small classes ensure your training needs are met and offer you a personal, guided training experience.
Photo ID is required to shoot on the range.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
CSA wants everyone to be safe. CSA will attempt to notify anyone registered for a class that is cancelled due to inclement weather as soon as the decision is made. Each participant will be notified via email, text message, and/or a phone call. CSA will also announce the cancellation on our social media outlets. CSA will not issue a refund for the class or event due to inclement weather but will reschedule the course or student for another time.
CSA does not offer refunds on training or events if you are unable to attend or change your mind. CSA will be happy to reschedule you in a later class or event or give you store credit to be used for another class, store merchandise, or range time.
If you choose to cancel or reschedule, CSA requires at least 72 hours’ notice in order to make room for others who may be waiting to attend.
– CSA Guns
Carbine 101 Class Near Me