COED Marksmanship Night
It’s Coed Marksmanship night at the range!
Join us at the range on Thursday for a special coed event.
Carolina Sporting Arms will be hosting a Coed Marksmanship development night on Thursday Nights. The Coed Marksmanship development class is a self-paced course designed to reinforce basic handgun safety and the fundamentals of marksmanship, targeting either brand new shooters or shooters looking to build and improve their current skillset. The program follows a nationally recognized program of repetitive drills of gradually increasing difficulty called the Winchester Marksmanship Program.
Skill Level: Intermediate | Instructor: Marshall Hampton | Time: 2 hrs. | Location: Charlotte, NC | Cost: $50.00/person
“I searched for training courses and wasn’t specifically looking for a men’s only course, but am glad I found one. The instructor’s knowledge was excellent, and energy and enthusiasm kept the night engaging and fun. Great job!“
– Paul B.
WHO IS THIS COED MARKSMANSHIP CLASS FOR:
WHAT IS THE CLASS ABOUT/WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of the program the shooter will have mastered the basic fundamentals of marksmanship and be able to hit their intended target with confidence and will also have qualified for the NRA Distinguished Expert tab in the pistol discipline. This is a nationally recognized level of achievement that is something to be proud of!
- • The drills are easy to complete with each drill building on the skills learned in the previous session.
- • All drills have performance goals that are reasonably attainable and insure those skills have been appropriately mastered before progressing to the next level.
- • Levels include:
- • Pro-Marksman
- • Marksman
- • Marksman First Class
- • Sharpshooter
- • Expert
- • Distinguished Expert
- • On successful completion of each level certificates of achievement are issued to the shooter acknowledging their performance.
- • During the course of the program, the shooter will master the safe and confident handling of their firearm and will shoot targets out to 30 feet from the following static positions:
- • two-handed strong side
- • two-handed weak side
- • single-handed with strong hand only
- • single hand with weak hand only
- • shooting under time pressure
The class will begin with the issuing of awards from the previous session and a review of all courses of fire being shot by the participants each evening with an open question and answer session. The class will then adjourn to the range for the completion of drills at the pace of the individual shooter with interactive coaching while on the firing line.
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING:
- • Shooters that have their own firearm are welcome to bring them.
- • New shooters are urged to shoot a .22 caliber handgun so the critical skills can be mastered without the negative influences of heavy recoil.
- • If you currently are in the process of selecting a firearm, a variety of rental guns are available to help out with the selection process.
- • To participate in the range, guests are required to have “hard shell” over-the-ear, ear protection with an NRR of at least 28 DB
- • Suitable eye protection
- • Eye and ear protection are available for purchase at the range
WHAT IS PROVIDED
Coed night includes:
- • A target
- • One hour of range time
- • An instructor/RSO with the group to answer questions
Bring your friends and make it a night out!!
IN THE RARE INSTANCE WE DO NOT HAVE A MINIMUM OF 3 PARTICIPANTS, WE MAY RESCHEDULE STUDENTS TO THE NEXT CLASS THAT COMPLIES WITH THE STUDENT’S SCHEDULE. RESCHEDULED STUDENTS WILL HAVE PRIORITY FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS.
TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE, WE LIMIT OUR CLASS SIZES TO NO MORE THAN 7 PARTICIPANTS. YOU DESERVE ACCESS TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR AND THIS IS WHY A LOW STUDENT TO INSTRUCTOR RATIO IS CAPPED. SMALL CLASSES ENSURE YOUR TRAINING NEEDS ARE MET AND OFFER YOU A PERSONAL, GUIDED TRAINING EXPERIENCE.
Photo ID is required to shoot on the range.
Additional Resources for the Ladies Marksmanship Class: