Gun Transfer Services
Carolina Sporting Arms does provide firearm transfer services for our customers. Please familiarize yourself with the main elements of our transfer policy before you proceed through the submission process below.
This policy applies only to firearms. For Class III items, the following policy is in effect:
AT THIS TIME, THE ONLY NFA TRANSFERS WE ACCEPT ARE FROM SILENCER SHOP. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: email@example.com
Carolina Sporting Arms Firearm Transfer Policy:
- – We charge a fee for this service. Our basic fee for non-members is $75 for each firearm being transferred. Our fee is lowered to $50 for current customers and $25 per firearm for members.
- – IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRING A PISTOL, AND YOU ARE THE RECIPIENT, YOU MUST HAVE EITHER AN NC PISTOL – PURCHASE PERMIT OR AN NC CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT TO RECEIVE THE TRANSFER.
- – You must contact us about a transfer before it actually takes place. We have a form for you to complete that collects all the necessary information to make the transfer legal:
- – Name, address, and phone number of the individual “Sending” the firearm
- – Name, address, and phone number of the individual “Receiving” the firearm
- – Contact information of the FFL transferring the firearm to Carolina Sporting Arms
- – Or, Contact information of the FFL receiving the firearm transferred from Carolina Sporting Arms
- – If you receive a transferred firearm, when you are called to pick it up, you will be required to complete a Form 4473 (ATF Requirement) and provide ID that matches the information provided by the sending FFL as to the identity of the recipient.
- – Transferred firearms received by Carolina Sporting Arms must be appropriately received and recorded before they are picked up by the receiving customer. You will be called when this process is complete.
About Gun Transfers:
At Carolina Sporting Arms, we want to be your first choice for all your firearms and accessories needs. We do understand that at times you will find a product at another dealer that requires a dealer-to-dealer transfer. We would always appreciate the opportunity to match the price and supply the product for you, but if a transfer is still necessary, the following policy is in effect.
Carolina Sporting Arms does reserve the right to charge the full transfer amount if vital information is not supplied with the firearm being transferred. Each firearm for transfer requires the following information:
- – You, as the transferee, must contact us prior to us sending our license to your shipper. We have a short form to fill out and need your signature.
- – A copy of the Federal Firearms License of the dealer the gun is coming from or going to. This license can be faxed or mailed, but the FFL license must be present before we can receive the firearm to our books. The exchange of the FFL license must be made between the FFL holders. We will not send the customer our FFL to be relayed to the other FFL holder involved in the transfer.
- – A contact name, email address, and daytime phone number for whom the firearm is being transferred to.
CAROLINA SPORTING ARMS WILL ONLY RECEIVE AND SHIP FIREARMS TO FEDERALLY LICENSED DEALERS. WE WILL NOT RECEIVE OR SHIP FIREARMS TO INDIVIDUALS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
How the Transfer works:
The firearm buyer purchases a new or used gun from a dealer in another state (or online). The buyer then pays the seller the price of the gun and shipping charges (if applicable). The buyer should then contact their friends at Carolina Sporting Arms to provide relevant information about the sale, including the seller’s contact information and specific product information.
Next, Carolina Sporting Arms contacts the seller to provide a copy of our FFL, to receive a copy of the seller’s FFL, and to share address/shipping information. The seller will then send the product to the Carolina Sporting Arms store. Once the firearm is received, Carolina Sporting Arms will contact the buyer to acknowledge receipt of the firearm. Customers can then come into Carolina Sporting Arms to complete necessary documents for ownership transfer, and we take care of the rest.
The experienced staff at Carolina Sporting Arms is here to help facilitate all of your gun transfer needs – an essential service in today’s Internet shopping age!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TRANSFERRED FIREARMS:
- – CUSTOMERS HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 60 DAYS TO PICK UP THEIR FIREARM ONCE NOTIFIED. AT 90 DAYS THE FIREARM WILL BE SOLD FOR STORAGE AND TRANSFER FEES.
- – AS OF THE 61STDAY, FIREARMS NOT PICKED UP WILL BE CHARGED A $50 MONTHLY STORAGE FEE. THIS FEE STRUCTURE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE.
Firearms in the possession of Carolina Sporting Arms must be inventoried monthly and fall under an insurance policy covering non-owned firearms. Because of these expenses, the fees referenced above are charged.