Home Defense Fundamentals
Home Defense Fundamentals is a comprehensive course for anyone considering self-defense. The course is a complete guide to understanding conflict-avoidance and situational awareness; home security and home defense; the physiology of violent encounters; the legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath); and a complete guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training.
Skill Level: All | Instructor: Mike Simpson | Time: 4 hrs. | Location: Charlotte, NC | Cost: $90.00/person
“Great experience. Mike Simpson was a patient instructor for this newbie. He had a great manner for teaching, had helpful tips, answered my questions. We’ll go back ! They also have days with price deals we’ll take advantage of.”
– Barbara R.
Home Defense Fundamentals is the opportunity to develop a personal and home protection plan and to prepare for real-life situations. You will learn how to quickly assess situations; and how important the correct mindset and practice are for a personal home defense safety plan.
Home Defense Fundamentals is a 4-hour (classroom instruction only) comprehensive course for anyone considering self-defense. The course is a complete guide to understanding:
- • Conflict-avoidance and situational awareness
- • Home security and home defense
- • Physiology of violent encounters
- • Legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath)
- • A complete guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training
This classroom-based course focuses on taking small measures of personal responsibility for our safety.
WHAT IS THE CLASS ABOUT/WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Developing A Personal and Home Protection Plan:
- • Defining a personal protection plan
- • Why conflict avoidance is important
- • Evaluating your home’s security, and home alarms
- • Principles of home defense, mental exercises
The Legal Use of Force:
- • Defending the home
- • Defending property
Violent Encounters and Their Aftermath:
- • When you’re left with no other choice
- • When the right to use deadly force ends
- • Immediate aftermath
- • Phone calls, when the police arrive, statement to the police
- • Preserving evidence, Miranda rights, during and after your arrest
- • Advice for your lawyer
Gear and Gadgets:
- • Tactical flashlights, Mounted flashlights
- • Gun safes and storage
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED: Handout provided
The class will expose students to:
- • Statistics and Trends
- • Decision-making ability
- • North Carolina and South Carolina Laws
- • Avoid conflicts, when possible, respond to conflicts when necessary
- • Justify one’s actions in the event a use of force situation has occurred
We understand your concern about the chances of survival if you don’t know what actions to take when confronted. Home Defense Fundamentals will help you get past any roadblocks, provide guidance and develop a plan to use in times of stress when you can’t think clearly.
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY:
- • Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 24 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- • CSA Guns reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. CSA Guns is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If CSA Guns cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address or phone number you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
“Went there for my first lesson. It was a very professional experience. My instructor was a great guy. He was very thorough, personable and knowledgeable. I am definitely going back and becoming a member 😉 . Thanks to all!”
CAROLINA SPORTING ARMS (CSA Guns) EVENT
AND TRAINING CLASS CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
In the rare instance we do not have a minimum of 3 participants; we may reschedule students to the next class that complies with the student’s schedule. Rescheduled students will have priority for the next scheduled class.
You deserve access to your instructor, which is why a low student to instructor ratio is capped. Small classes ensure your training needs are met and offer you a personal, guided training experience.
Photo ID is required to shoot on the range.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
CSA wants everyone to be safe. CSA will attempt to notify anyone registered for a class that is cancelled due to inclement weather as soon as the decision is made. Each participant will be notified via email, text message, and/or a phone call. CSA will also announce the cancellation on our social media outlets. CSA will not issue a refund for the class or event due to inclement weather but will reschedule the course or student for another time.
CSA does not offer refunds on training or events if you are unable to attend or change your mind. CSA will be happy to reschedule you in a later class or event or give you store credit to be used for another class, store merchandise, or range time.
If you choose to cancel or reschedule, CSA requires at least 72 hours’ notice in order to make room for others who may be waiting to attend.
– CSA Guns
Home Defense Fundamentals
Class Near Me