South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit
Welcome to South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit Class!
How will you benefit from taking this class and acquiring a concealed weapons permit from the state of South Carolina? Will you feel comfortable once you can carry a concealed firearm safely and legally? Will it be a motivational experience and lead you to new opportunities?
Firearm Type: Handgun | Skill Level: Intermediate | Certification: CWP | Instructor: Mike Simpson | Time: 8AM-6PM | Location: Charlotte, NC | Cost: $150.00/person
“Just took the Concealed Carry class. Plenty of good practical instruction on how to shoot well, maintain firearms, and of course safety first! Then a very thorough review of the legal aspects of carrying and defensive tactics for home invasion. Reviewed many scenarios. I would highly recommend the class to anyone wanting to improve their skill set and wanting a CC permit.“
– Mark V.
SC Concealed Weapons Permit Class in Charlotte, NC
During the class, participants learn safe gun handling, the different types of concealed firearms, proper care and storage of the firearm and ammunition, range safety and operations, and in depth review of South Carolina firearm laws. The training also includes range safety rules and live firing on the range. Participants are provided with all the training information and a written test on South Carolina laws. Those successfully completing this South Carolina Concealed Weapon Permit Course can then proceed with the process of obtaining a concealed carry permit from their county sheriff.
There will be a 30 minute break for lunch and several short breaks during the day. You are welcome to bring lunch from home or buy lunch from the restaurant next door. The class is approximately 6-8 hours depending on the exact number of students.
* Please arrive 15 minutes early.*
What should you bring to CWP class?
- – Note taking material or log book to track your progress (pen & small notebook)
- – Unloaded Firearm and Multiple Magazines – We recommend that you uniquely identify your magazines. This is easily done with fingernail polish or other visible marking on your mags.
- – At least 50 rounds of ammo
- – Your firearm and an outside the waistband holster, Part of the shooting qualification involves drawing your firearm from the holster.
- – Eye and Hard Shell or Custom Molded Ear Protection
- – Proof of Class Purchase
A Few Details Before Your Arrival:
- – THIS IS NOT A BASIC HANDGUN CLASS. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE ADEQUATE PRIOR GUN HANDLING EXPERIENCE. BASIC INSTRUCTION IS AVAILABLE THRU CAROLINA SPORTING ARMS PRIOR TO ADMISSION TO THE SOUTH CAROLINA CONCEALED CARRY CLASS. If you have not fired a gun or have limited experience with a firearm, please take the FIRST SHOTS/FIRST STEPS class or the GIVE IT A SHOT CLASS (for women only) before taking this class.
- – We do not rent eye protection or ear protection. You will need to bring over-the-ear muffs or custom molded ear protection, or purchase these items in the range prior to class.
- – Guns and ammo are required in the morning.
ALL GUNS BROUGHT INTO THE CLASSROOM WILL BE UNLOADED WITH MAGAZINES REMOVED AND EMPTY OF AMMO, SECURED IN A GUN CASE AND/OR RANGE BAG WITH AMMUNITION BOXED OR BAGGED AND SEPARATE FROM THE GUN. PERSONAL FIREARMS WILL NOT BE HANDLED AT ANY TIME DURING THE CLASS AND MAGAZINES WILL ONLY BE PREPARED ON INSTRUCTION FROM THE INSTRUCTOR ON THE RANGE ONLY. GUNS WILL REMAIN UNLOADED UNTIL THE STUDENT IS ON THE FIRING LINE AND HAS BEEN INSTRUCTED TO “LOAD AND MAKE READY.” STRICT ADHERENCE TO THESE RULES IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY.
In the rare instance we do not have a minimum of 3 participants, we may reschedule students to the next class that complies with the student’s schedule. Rescheduled students will have priority for the next scheduled class.
To ensure you have the best experience possible, we limit our class sizes to no more than 12 participants. You deserve access to your instructor and this is why a low student to instructor ratio is capped. Small classes ensure your training needs are met and offer you a personal, guided training experience.
Photo ID is required to shoot on the range.
SC Concealed Weapons Permit Classes Near Me