Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Shipping Specialist is a Part-Time, in-person position; experience preferred
Working at the Carolina Sporting Arms (CSA Guns), the Shipping and Receiving Specialist performs a variety of duties which included verifying materials or merchandise against receiving documents; receives, stores, stacks, or palletizes, depalletizes materials, removes material from storage and prepares it for shipping. Specialist will also pick, pack & ship orders daily.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet company requirements.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- – Utilize shipping, receiving and inventory software.
- – Pack orders for shipping
- – Shipping and Receiving Firearms by FFL And ATF Regulations
- – Ship and complete all required documentation for all products to domestic customers following shipping guidelines
- – Manage shipping supplies and re-order supplies as needed
- – Keep area restocked, orderly, and clean
- – Meet daily shipping goals
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- – Primary responsibility of Receiving, Shipping, and storing ammunition.
- – Unloading and uploading commercial carriers.
- – Verifies material against receiving documents, noting/reporting discrepancies and damages.
- – Mark Containers/Boxes IAW regulatory requirements.
- – Properly store, stack, or palletize materials in accordance with storage methods.
- – Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
- – Assists in inventories through physical count and records item count on inventory documents.
- – May operate hand or power trucks in the performance ammunition storage.
- – Performs other duties as assigned to meet operational objectives.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- – Heavy Duty Truck
- – Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- – Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas.
- – Work will be in an indoor environment, but times when exposed to cold or hot weather conditions.
- – Must be able to lift a maximum of 75 pounds.
- – Must be able to operate in a warehouse and outdoor type environment. Overhead heater provided for winter months and portable AC provided for summer months.
- – Must be able to walk on uneven ground and work within various sites 6-8 hours a day in the performance of duties.
- – At times, will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as Face Mask/Coverings, hand, eye, or head gear, steel or composite toe safety shoes/boots.
- – High School Diploma or equivalent and one year of related firearms industry experience required.
- – Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- – Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- – Must be able to pass both federal and state background check to have unaccompanied access to arms, and ammunition.
- – Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- – MUST BE COMPUTER LITERATE AND POSSESS THE ABILITY TO LEARN NEW SOFTWARE
- – Excellent computer skills to process online orders for firearms and firearm parts daily.
- – Excellent communication skills and must have shipping experience and work ethic to match
- – Service-oriented and able to resolve shipping issues
- – Must develop an excellent understanding of product lines and processes
- – Pass Criminal Background Check, and pass Drug Testing.
- – Three (3) years or more experience in warehouse operations preferred.
- – Possess high ethical standards and demonstrate professionalism.
- – Ability to work independently or team based.
- – Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why would I want to work at CSA Guns?
- – Opportunity to play a pivotal role as a Team Member in a growing company!
- – Part-Time Position
- – Employee Discounts
- – 401K
- – Schedule is 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
To apply for this job…
If you are interested in any of these positions, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for your interest in being part of the Carolina Sporting Arms Team!
If you have any questions about a career with us, please contact us so that we can answer any questions or concerns that you may have.