Shooting range near me is a question that you may have asked yourself if your not familiar with our range. The Shooting range at Carolina Sporting Arms is the most modern and advanced range in the Charlotte area. With a total of 14 shooting lanes, turning targets, dimmable lighting, heat and air conditioning, and a host of other amenities, you will find our range to be the most comfortable, convenient, and cleanest range on which you have ever shot. Our pro-shop is well stocked with eye and ear protection, rental guns, and ammunition in all the popular calibers.
Shooting Range Times
- Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday Closed
UPSTAIRS RIFLE RANGE ONLY
– Mon – Fri 12pm – 1:30pm & 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
These hours are in effective Monday through Friday, the Upstairs range is open all day Saturday.
* If the upstairs range has been turned on to accommodate an overflow of handgun shooters, then we will allow rifles and shotguns on the upstairs range at that time.
Please note from time to time, Carolina Sporting Arms will host various events that require the exclusive use of either the upstairs or downstairs shooting range and that range will be closed to the public. You are encouraged to check our Facebook page or call the store before coming to shoot.
Clean and Comfortable
Forget the days of dirty, smoky shooting ranges. Our air filtration system is the most advanced available, circulating the air inside our range every ninety seconds. Our filtration system incorporates High Efficiency Particulate Arresting (HEPA) filters. The air we exhaust is cleaner than the air we take into our range. Our heating and air conditioning system is state-of-the art and keeps our range at a comfortable 68 to 72 degrees, regardless of the weather outside.
The range is designed to be easily cleaned, and it is thoroughly vacuumed, mopped, and cleaned every day to our meticulous standards. While no shooting range is truly quiet, our range is constructed with sound-deadening materials, so we think you will find it to be one of the quietest ranges you have ever used.
- The only indoor public range inside the city of Charlotte
- 14 heated and air conditioned lanes
- Four-foot wide stalls allowing side-by-side instruction
- Rifle rated
- Ballistic stalls to separate all the shooters
- Automatic target retrieval systems
- One 20-yard range with fixed, four-foot wide shooting stalls
- One 25-yard tactical range for real-world tactical training
- Allows training forward of shooting lanes
- Computer-controlled target retrieval system creates realistic training scenarios
- Target can be turned to allow unknown target presentation for good guy/bad guy training scenarios
- Range Safety Officer managed range
- Video surveillance
- Pro-shop with:
- Over 100 rental guns, including both handguns and rifles
- Ammunition in all the popular calibers
- Eye and ear protection for sale (Due to health and hygiene concerns, Carolina Sporting Arms does not rent eye or ear protection)
SAFETY IS JOB #1
Creating a safe and enjoyable shooting environment for both beginners and experienced shooters is our top priority. As a result, we do have some common-sense rules on our range that we ask everyone to abide by (see link here). To shoot on our range, we just ask you to complete a simple form, watch a short video, and read and agree to abide by these basic rules of safety.
Our range is managed and staffed by our NRA-certified Range Safety Officers. Everyone in our building has also been professionally trained in first aid and we have a six-member trauma response team for the unlikely event that a more serious injury occurs.
Carolina Sporting Arms takes the eye and hearing protection of our guests seriously, so eye and ear protection are required before entering the range. We do not rent eye and ear protection for hygiene reasons, but buying your own gear assures there are no issues with improper cleaning, and the gear will last for years if properly cared for.
Medical research has shown that over-the-ear muffs protect your hearing much better than in-the-ear foam and rubber inserts. We require hard shell muffs or custom-fitted plugs on our range. We recommend muffs providing at least 26db of noise reduction.