USPSA Pistol Match
Welcome to Charlotte’s USPSA Pistol Match at CSA Guns!
Looking for a fun way to enhance your current skill set? Join us for friendly competition where you will learn to shoot in a variety of situations. Bring your favorite pistol and have some fun!
Firearm Type: Handgun | Skill Level: Intermediate | Location: Charlotte, NC | Cost: $20/person ($18/person for members)
*If you have not fired a pistol before, we recommend you first take one of our introductory classes: Give It A Shot or the First Steps and First Shots Classes before joining a USPSA Pistol Match Event.
USPSA Pistol Match in Charlotte, NC
WHO IS THIS USPSA PISTOL MATCH EVENT FOR
USPSA Pistol Match events are for experienced shooters at all ages, from Seniors to Juniors at every skill level who are interested in fun competition. You can compete with people of your skill level due to the classification system with standardized classifier stages that will grade you based on speed and accuracy. CSA Guns RSOs are available to help you with the details to get you started.
WHAT IS THE EVENT ABOUT/WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Your division will be determined based on what gun you are using. Once you’re on the range, it’s all about the best combination of speed and accuracy on a mixed paper and steel targets under the direction and supervision of certified Range Safety Officers. RSOs are there to help and maintain the flawless safety record the USPSA is known for.
– Dos and Don’ts at a match
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
To get started, you will need:
- – Center fire handgun 9mm or larger. Back Up Gun (BUG) division is .380 or larger.
- – A good holster. Must be appendix, a strong side hip holster worn inside or outside the waist band.
- – Kydex or plastic type is preferred.
- – No one-size-fits many nylon holsters, race holsters, cross-draw, shoulder holsters, small of the back.
- – A good belt
- – A cover garment. It can be a vest, light jacket etc.
- – 3 magazines (minimum)
- – Magazine pouches that hold at least two mags.
- – 100 rounds minimum
- – Eye and ear protection. Hard shell or custom molded ear protection only.
- – *Available for purchase in the CSA range or store.
*If you have not already completed the registration process, please arrive a little early to do so. You may stop by CSA Guns any time prior to the match to complete registration.
WHAT IS PROVIDED
- – Shooter’s briefing will start promptly at 5:00 pm with the match starting shortly afterward.
- – Modified CSA Guns Range rules will apply. All shooters will be briefed on these rules prior to the first shot being fired.
- – Complete and Sign Liability Waiver Agreement
- – Watch the CSA safety video prior to being permitted to shoot the match
SCORING & RULES
- – USPSA scoring will apply. However, there will be accommodations in place for those whose firearms or gear that don’t exactly comply with established divisions.
- – Please arrive on time and ready to go, the sooner we get started, the more we can shoot.
- – If you haven’t shot USPSA before, please visit their website at USPSA.com for more information and the complete set of rules.
- – Hand loads will be allowed assuming the loads are not otherwise restricted.
- – *No steel core, tracers, incendiary or fully exposed lead ammo is permitted for use on the range.
SKILL LEVEL: Experienced shooters at all ages, from Seniors to Juniors
For 20 years USPSA competition has provided a test bed for equipment and techniques, many of which are now the standard for police and military training. Some of USPSA’s top competitors are regularly employed as trainers for elite police and military units. Today, USPSA matches are conducted every week by the nearly 400 affiliated ranges all over the United States. For most people, practical shooting is pure sport conducted with little or no thought of the self-defense aspect of firearms use. However, USPSA members are generally the most proficient shooters in the world as witnessed by their domination in the world of firearms competition.
CAROLINA SPORTING ARMS (CSA Guns) EVENT
AND TRAINING CLASS CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
In the rare instance we do not have a minimum of 3 participants; we may reschedule students to the next class that complies with the student’s schedule. Rescheduled students will have priority for the next scheduled class.
You deserve access to your instructor, which is why a low student to instructor ratio is capped. Small classes ensure your training needs are met and offer you a personal, guided training experience.
Photo ID is required to shoot on the range.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY:
CSA wants everyone to be safe. CSA will attempt to notify anyone registered for a class that is cancelled due to inclement weather as soon as the decision is made. Each participant will be notified via email, text message, and/or a phone call. CSA will also announce the cancellation on our social media outlets. CSA will not issue a refund for the class or event due to inclement weather but will reschedule the course or student for another time.
CSA does not offer refunds on training or events if you are unable to attend or change your mind. CSA will be happy to reschedule you in a later class or event or give you store credit to be used for another class, store merchandise, or range time.
If you choose to cancel or reschedule, CSA requires at least 72 hours’ notice in order to make room for others who may be waiting to attend.
– CSA Guns
USPSA Pistol Matches Near Me