First Steps Class- A Handgun Introduction
Welcome to First Steps!
At Carolina Sporting Arms, our guides know the biggest challenge for you is just getting started. The First Steps class makes getting started easy.
Firearm Type: Handgun | Skill Level: Beginner | Location: Charlotte, NC | Cost: $45.00/person
“Awesome Staff. Took a training session with an instructor. Very knowledgeable and attentive to assist in growing skills. Would Absolutely Recommend this to anyone wanting to learn or improve their weapons handling. “
– Paul S.
First Steps Class in Charlotte, NC
We have helped hundreds of people progress from never shooting a gun before to becoming comfortable, skilled shooters. Carolina Sporting Arms wants you to be prepared, feel safe and able to enjoy a new sport. We’re confident you will thrive from our guided educational opportunities and feel empowered from the experiences provided. First Steps is a classroom-based orientation to build your training foundation. This is a lecture and hands-on course that does not include live-fire.
*No live ammo allowed in the class*
During a First Steps 90-minute class you will receive formal exposure to:
- – Safe gun handling, safety rules and guidelines
- – The different handgun types and why you would prefer one over the other
- – Proper handgun grip, stance and other fundamentals
- – Popular terms used in the shooting sports and basic functions of a handgun
- – How to safely load and unload a handgun
- – Understanding of the local requirements for purchasing and owning a firearm
- – Introduction to shooting sports opportunities for all levels of interest
The program provides you with a comprehensive introduction to shooting a handgun by certified instructors that includes:
- – Firearm safety
- – Local ownership requirements
- – Shooting fundamentals
- – Hands-on instruction
- – How and where to continue training with your next class
In the rare instance we do not have a minimum of 3 participants, we may reschedule students to the next class that complies with the student’s schedule. Rescheduled students will have priority for the next scheduled class.
To ensure you have the best experience possible, we limit our class sizes to no more than 12 participants. You deserve access to your instructor and this is why a low student to instructor ratio is capped. Small classes ensure your training needs are met and offer you a personal, guided training experience.
Photo ID is required to shoot on the range.
First Steps Classes Near Me